Scope of Role
To manage and be accountable for the entire line of business on behalf of the organization.
To work independently and collaborating with other business functions when required, whist keeping the business strategic objectives in mind.
· Assume full end to end accountability for revenue, delivery and business growth
· Execute the business plan approved by the Board and propose amendments where required
· Design and execute annual action plans, including capital investment, maintenance and expense plans
· Organise the business line to support the strategic objectives of the business
· Prepare and execute agreements on behalf of the business line
· Prepare and execute budgets for Board review and ratification
· Provide timely reports to the MD
· Lead, motivate and develop the employees of the business line
· Oversee the accounting and financials of the business line
· Represent the business line in matters related to the business areas of operation
· Oversee the execution of bids, tenders and all relevant activities
· Perform regular administration and management activities
· A good understanding of the renewable technologies, including ability to craft commercially viable models to meet the rapidly changing market needs
· A clear understanding of the legislative parameters that governs the renewable space in South Africa
· Having a business transformational mindset
· Applicable tertiary qualification
· Preferably 5-10 years’ technical, commercial and sales experience
· Effective and clear verbal communication skills
· Excellent report writing skills
· Proven people management experience
Purpose of position:
To manage sales and business development for Smart Solutions Line of Business.
To ensure that agreed sales objectives are met or exceeded.
To grow LoB revenue, profitability and increase company market share.
The main responsibilities of the position are :
Develop and implement a business plan for establishing a sales and product support base.
Call on targeted customers and promote the sale of Products, Services or Solution.
Provide technical and commercial support to customers.
Keep management updated on business intelligence for the relevant area in conjunction with Marketing.
Identify new business opportunities.
Take ownership of relevant tenders for the LoB and work closely with Bid Management to ensure professional and timeous completion of these bids.
Establish, manage and maintain agency/distributor agreements with suitable local companies (where applicable) to promote and sell solutions.
Ability to work on complex bids and lead a large team during capture activities.
Ability to negotiate and finalise multi million Rand deals.
Tertiary qualification in Business/ Engineering or equivalent.
Must be fluent in English – both written and verbal communication.
Previous experience in a technical sales/management role (3-5 years).
Experience in the electricity metering industry and knowledge of Smart Meters, Smart Grid and Revenue Assurance Solutions.
Previous experience and working knowledge of Software solutions and IoT.
Excellent interpersonal skills with high levels of self-motivation.
Must be willing to travel extensively nationally and occasionally overseas.
Previous experience and knowledge of the electricity utility industry and sales cycles will be advantageous.