Ontec has a diverse team made up of innovative and competent individuals. The company not only drives performance in order for employees to excel on a professional and personal level, but rewards this performance. People here are satisfied, challenged and happy, which makes it a perfect working environment.
Full Stack Software Developer
Cape Town Region
Job Title: Full Stack Software Developer
Location: Cape Town Region
Closing Date: N/A
We are looking for passionate full stack Software Engineer with a C# background with front-end frameworks experience to design, develop and install software solutions and mobile applications for our clients. The successful candidates will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with best practice coding standards, current technology stack and technical design.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop new software applications from concept to finish, with regular tests and maintenance.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performance applications.
- Collaborate with other team members and from time to time with stakeholders.
- Participate in planning and estimating of user stories at the beginning of each development iteration.
- Work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Have a self-motivated work mentality.
- Demonstrates success in a small team environment.
- Expresses excitement in continuous software improvement, software architecture and development practices.
Skills and Experience
- Develop software and applications with an expectancy of delivery using C#, .NET Core, Entity Framework, MVC.
- Extensive experience the design and use of relational databases with SQL including Stored Procedures. SQL Server experience would be an advantage.
- Experience using RESTful web services, JSON in particular.
- Experience with a testing framework.
- Experience with continuous integration and devops tools.
- Experience with version control (preferably git).
- Experience performing code reviews for team members.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycle.
- A background in Metrology will be an advantage.
- Tertiary Qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in software development.
- Must display an ability to be deadline and results driven.
- Must display an ability to interact directly with end users.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must display problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Must be able to analyse and map business requirements into workable code.
- Must be inquisitive about new technologies, tools and trends within the development community.
- Standard Microsoft Office efficiencies are required.
- Background in Metrology will be an advantage.